The simplicity and flexibility of Immergo derive from its user interface structure and its configuration.
The Immergo User Interface:
Immergo can work with any DAW (Reaper shown above)
A user can, from a mobile device:
- Select any track of the DAW and localize it in 3D space (1, 2 and 6)
- Localization by touch moving virtual source and/or tilting mobile device
- Control the transport of the DAW (Rewind, Fast Forward, Play, Pause, Stop) (3)
- Record localizations, save these localizations and load them again (4)
- Choose rendering algorithms – DBAP, VBAP, and soon ambisonics
- Visualize the playback of recorded tracks (5)
A user can control localization from any position via a mobile device, or on the same computer as the DAW. More than one user can localize different tracks.
These capabilities are made possible by the Client/Server configuration of Immergo.
- DAW and server code run on server computer
- DAW outputs get distributed to N-DAC8s
- Web browser runs client code on one or more mobile devices
- Mobile devices deliver 3D coordinates to the server
- A Renderer on the server uses localization algorithms to determine mix levels
- Mix levels get sent to Ethernet AVB devices (N-DAC8s)
- N-DAC8s perform mixing according to the mix level commands sent to them
A significant advantage of this configuration is that mixing gets outsourced from the server to the N-DAC8s. All channels from the DAW are transmitted to and received by all N-DAC8s. The number of speakers in a configuration can be enhanced by adding further N-DAC8s. The additional N-DAC8s add additional processing power to the configuration.
This concept has been extended by the incorporation of intelligent speakers into the Immergo configuration.
Immergo and intelligent PoE speakers:
Much like the N-DAC8-based configuration, DAW outputs are distributed to all the PoE speakers. MIx levels are sent to each speaker appropriate for the localization requested by the mobile device users. There is the same advantage of flexible configuration and distributed processing. However in addition:
- Power over Ethernet enables easier wiring of a configuration
- Switches can be at remote points, allowing for speaker zones
- A SHARC processor in each speaker provides for powerful signal processing
- Configurations can be enhanced a speaker at a time with no software upgrades required, but with significant enhancement to the immersive capability
- Ambisonic decoding can occur at each speaker